Research and Development (R&D)
Job Location: Shanghai
Dow is hiring top potential research talents to join R&D department, aiming to set you up to be world leading scientists who will contribute to solve current and future scientific difficulties. Corporate structured orientation and practical working experience will be provided to maximize your career potential, develop your innovative researching skills. This entry-level development opportunity has been recognized as one of the best in the industry.
In R&D department, theoretical training and practice-oriented working experience will concrete your technical foundation & innovation mind-set; enlighten to be future industry expert and world-class scientist. Working in R&D center enables you:
- Together with industrial experts and scientists all over the world, to develop cutting-edge technologies and applications;
- Providing innovative solutions to customers, witness strategic growth for Dow and our partnership;
- Networking with experienced Dow scientists and building mentoring relationship, obtain timely guidance in daily work;
- Coached by leaders to support you becoming industrial leading expert, achieve personal & professional career development
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for outstanding technical professional graduates who are:
- Majoring in chemical engineering, analytical science, analytical chemistry, chemistry, polymer chemistry and physics, material science, physical chemistry, polymer science, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, mechanical engineering.
- Innovative and Passionate, feel sense of achievement by providing real solutions
- Solid in technical knowledge
- Initiative and proactive on learning and working
- Good Interpersonal Skills; People oriented
- Excellent communication skills, willing to work with top talents around the world
- Adaptable and flexible to changing environment; Enjoy challenges.
Shanghai Dow R&D Center Overview
Headquartered in China, Dow Asia Pacific R&D is the innovation powerhouse that develops cutting-edge technologies and applications to support business growth across the region. The organization is comprised of three units: Core R&D, Application Development and Technical Service & Development.
Core R&D - Focuses on driving the delivery of next-generation technical innovations and providing support to complex problems solving. Labs include: Analytical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Formulation Science, Materials Science, Materials Processing and Materials Engineering Center.
Application Development - The market-focusing powerhouse with the equipment, capabilities and expertise needed to drive innovative breakthroughs in the following markets for our customers: Appliance Automotive, Building and Construction, Infrastructure Coatings, Elastomers, Electrical and Electronics, Composites, Electrical Insulation, Food, Paper, Household and Personal Care, Specialty Packaging, Wire and Cable.
Technical Service & Development - Supports customer needs by helping develop new products and providing technical knowledge on the use, handling and management of Dow products.
Dow's R&D organization attracts the finest researchers from around the world to the company’s state-of-the-art facilities, where they collaborate on cutting-edge innovative technologies that address the market needs. Now we are expecting your participation in Shanghai R&D Center, which located in Zhangjiang High-Tech Park in Shanghai, the Center is Dow’s newest innovation and development powerhouse for Asia Pacific and the rest of the world. Powered by 500 leading scientists and engineers working in over 80 integrated laboratories, the Center brings together under one roof Corporate R&D expertise with market-focused application development capabilities.