Manufacturing & Engineering Development Program
Job Location: Zhangjiagang
Dow Operations is the integration of Manufacturing & Engineering and EH&S Operations, and is accountable for achieving higher levels of operational excellence for our global businesses, for our customers and for the communities in which we operate.
We are the reliable supplier. This is a commitment we make to Dow and to our customers. We have flawless integration of M&E, EH&S and are more than the sum of our parts. We collaborate well, with clear and shared commitment to meet business and customer needs. Our commitment to safe, reliable and efficient operations with zero EH&S incidents and unplanned events creates a competitive advantage in the marketplace and drives our reputation.
We have an efficient operations history to be proud of and build on. There is power in our diverse technology and operations expertise which sets us up for success in the future.
Our strength is in our people. Our people are the power behind our operations engine. They deliver the knowhow, technology, processes, tools, and experiences to outperform our competition. Together, we create an exciting and rewarding workplace that is recognized for its operations excellence.
The Manufacturing and Engineering Development Program involves rotational assignments in different M&E sites and functions, enabling the incumbent to explore – and get exposed to - a variety of work experiences, job roles, project assignments, locations and cultures. Through the involvement in a multitude of businesses, one can gain experience with many unique chemistries and unit operations as well as with different customers and markets.
The program is designed to prepare fresh graduates for an accelerated career path at Dow. One will have 6-10 months or longer rotational assignments in different sites or functions in China or other regions to build a broad range of technical and project skills. Upon successful completion of the program, one will be deployed into M&E and work at one of Dow’s manufacturing sites in China. Depending on one’s capability and aspiration, she/he could grow from an engineering or manufacturing position to a senior leadership position in the company.
- Production Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical and Instrument Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- EH&S Engineer
- Project Engineer
Joining MEDP will enable you to:
- Gain broad M&E experience, knowledge and skills through the comprehensive training program
- Have a 6-10 months or longer rotational assignment at various M&E sites and functions
- Have your own assigned mentor
- Build a global network of peers and colleagues who can help you succeed and grow
- Begin to manage and develop your career
Who Are We Looking For:
Graduates in 2019 with...
- Major in Chemical Engineering, Process Equipment and Control Engineering, Electrical and Instrument Engineering, Automation or other related Engineering Disciplines
- Integrity and respect for people
- Passion for manufacturing and engineering
- Aspiration to be an “all-around” talent in manufacturing and engineering
- High level of initiative and excellent teamwork spirit
- Willingness to relocate to different sites in China
- Good command of English and strong interpersonal and communication skills